Babies are just so cute, and they can’t yet talk or think on their own. So what better way to celebrate their first birthday than by giving them gifts that they can enjoy and play with? Whether you’re buying a baby gift for your child, niece or nephew, or something more personal like a stuffed animal or toy set, there’s always something cute and fun that will make this milestone special for both parents and kids.
You may have noticed that a baby’s first birthday is more of a big deal for grown-ups than it is for babies.
By the time they get to this age, most kids don’t even know what a present is yet. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get them something special. Because this is the first milestone birthday it’s important to go all out. Some of the best presents include toys they can play with alongside their adult caretakers. This way they can learn and grow together and make new memories as a team.
If you’re not the type to come up with sentimental gift ideas on a whim, then this list is for you! These baby gift ideas are all perfect for both boys and girls.
Here are some great gift ideas for babies on their first birthday:
- Toys. One of the best ways to bring a smile to a baby’s face is by giving them toys. If you’re looking for something original, consider getting your child an old-fashioned wooden puzzle or toy chest instead of the usual plastic containers you see at stores.
- Clothes and other accessories that they can wear while they’re still learning how to walk around independently (and often make noise). This will help them feel more comfortable in their own skin while also encouraging them to explore new surroundings outside of their cribs!
- Gift baskets and baby hampers
A gift basket for a baby’s first birthday is the perfect way to show how much you care.
It’s not just about the gifts, though—it’s about the emotions you want to convey to your loved one. When it comes to a gift basket for a baby’s first birthday, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First of all, if you are going to present the baby with your gift basket at a party, the theme of your basket should be centred around the theme of their birthday party. If they’re having a pink party and you’re giving them pink gifts, that’s fine! But if they’re having a blue party and you’re giving them blue gifts, don’t worry about it—just make sure that everything else in their basket is suitable for both parties.
Second, include things that will be useful throughout their life: diapers, formula, wipes… things they’ll need as they grow up. These days, many families don’t use baby gates because they’ve gotten too big for them; instead, think about what might help them through those early stages before they can climb over furniture or pull themselves up onto chairs without assistance.
Thirdly, here are some ideas for what else you could include in your gift basket:
- A pair of socks or underwear (or both!) that matches his favourite outfit will make him feel like he’s got matching new clothes on every day until he grows out of them—and then maybe even longer!
- A set of Curious George books will bring back memories from when your kid was little and entertained himself by reading them over again, perhaps with some help from mom or dad as well!
- Toys: Babies tend to love toys, so why not get them something new? Choose from different kinds of toys, like stuffed animals, dolls, blocks and more. Make sure that whatever toy you choose doesn’t break easily or needs batteries—you don’t want an angry baby!
- Cuddly plush animal: These are great for babies who like pets but aren’t quite old enough yet to take care of one on their own. They can also be used as decorations around the house so it looks like there are animals around even if they aren’t there!
- A really cute baby outfit, complete with matching hat, booties, and blanket
- Some beautiful flowers or a bouquet of balloons to celebrate the occasion!
Now that the gift basket is sorted, let’s move on to some great individual gifts that you can give. Here are some ideas for unique, memorable gifts that will make the day even more special for the birthday boy or girl.